Is it necessary for me to hire a lawyer in order to file for workers’ compensation?” You are not alone if you have this query. Workers in all jobs and industries are at danger of injury, according to workplace injury statistics, and a worker is injured on the job every seven seconds, according to the National Safety Council (NSC).
Fortunately, the answer is simple: if you have been injured on the job as a consequence of an accident or repetitive stress, you have no reason not to consult with a workers compensation lawyer. Free initial consultations are provided by Florida workers compensation attorney, so you have nothing to lose by finding out if you have a claim for benefits. If you speak with a workers comp attorney and he or she tells you that you have a claim, you will have the best chance of recovering the full financial compensation to which you are legally entitled by hiring a workers comp attorney to represent you (whether that attorney is the one you choose or not).
Should I Hire an Attorney for My Workers’ Compensation Claim?
Perhaps you are skeptical. Perhaps you’ve done some web study and believe you can handle your workers’ compensation claim on your own. “Do I really need a lawyer for my workers’ compensation claim?” you may question.
Unfortunately, while receiving medical and disability benefits following a work accident should be simple, the fact is that it is a convoluted procedure that necessitates a great deal of expertise and experience. While the ultimate purpose of employing a workers’ compensation legal team is to maximise your cash recovery, a competent attorney can also assist you with a number of intermediate procedures. For example, a good workers’ compensation lawyer can assist you with your claim in the following ways:
- Making certain you don’t miss any important deadlines
- Obtaining professional medical assistance
- Assisting you in avoiding mistakes that may compromise your legal rights
- Calculating your injuries’ financial and non-financial consequences
- Investigating all possible avenues for obtaining financial compensation
- Assisting you with the completion of forms and the gathering of documentation
- Negotiating with your boss and insurance providers
- Assisting you in evaluating settlement offers and options
- Knowing when it’s safe to go back to work
I was hurt on the job. What Kind of Attorney Do I Require?
You’ll need a workers’ compensation legal team if you need to file for workers’ compensation. In general, this is correct; nevertheless, there are a few more aspects to consider.
Are you confident, for example, that you are eligible for workers’ compensation? While the majority of employees are eligible, there are a few exclusions. There are also several forms of workers’ compensation claims. The majority of employees are covered by their state’s workers’ compensation laws. However, federal workers’ compensation rules apply to federal government employees and workers in specific occupations, and some states’ workers’ compensation laws exclude certain sorts of workers.
With this in mind, you’ll want to hire a workers’ compensation lawyer. We’ll go through this in further depth later.
Is it true that all workers’ compensation cases end in a settlement?
No, and this is a widespread misunderstanding. Many injured workers believe that because their company has workers’ compensation insurance, they would receive a payout soon after filing their claim.
In reality, many workers’ compensation claims are settled, while others are not. Denials of workers’ compensation benefits are prevalent for a variety of reasons, ranging from technical flaws (such as not include enough information in your injury report) to bad-faith insurance practises. Hiring a lawyer to handle your workers’ compensation claim will greatly increase your chances of receiving a quick payout.
It’s also crucial to discuss settlement amounts while discussing a settlement. Accepting a settlement is one thing; receiving a settlement that accurately reflects the full amount to which you are legally entitled is another. Remember how a workers’ compensation legal team can assist you? One of the most crucial ways an expert lawyer may assist you with your claim is to make sure you don’t settle for too little too quickly.
How much will I have to pay in legal fees to my workers’ compensation attorney?
Stop worrying if you need a workers’ compensation attorney but can’t afford one. Why? Because the workers’ compensation legal team works on a “contingency fee” basis. This implies that you only have to pay if you win. Furthermore, in most states, lawyers’ legal fees in workers’ compensation lawsuits are capped.
During your free initial appointment, your workers’ comp legal team should be able to properly explain the legal fees and costs you will have to pay if your case is successful, in addition to answering your question, “Do I need a lawyer?” Many of their customers’ primary concerns are financial, and a reputable workers’ comp legal team would be pleased to take the time to answer your questions and walk you through everything you need to know.
How Do I Choose a Workers’ Compensation Attorney?
So you’ve answered the question, “Do I need an attorney for a workers’ compensation claim?” “How can I find the finest attorney to represent me?” you may be wondering. Continue reading to understand I what factors to consider when hiring a workers’ compensation attorney, and (ii) how to locate a workers’ compensation legal team near you.
1. Things to Think About When Choosing a Workers’ Compensation Legal Team
Workers’ compensation legal teams are not all created equal. Some are superior to others, not only in terms of legal knowledge and aptitude (which is essential), but also in terms of their ability to relate to your position and make you feel at ease and confident throughout your claim. So, how do you find a decent, if not the greatest, workers’ compensation attorney to represent you? You should think about the following five crucial factors:
- The first element to examine is the experience of the attorneys. How long has he or she been in the legal profession? Also, how long has he or she been defending people who have been injured at work? In many ways, the second question is more essential than the first, because representing clients with job injuries is considerably different from, example, handling divorces or representing clients in criminal court.
- Past Results – The attorney’s previous results are also important. You should feel free to inquire about the attorney’s recent settlements and verdicts during your free initial appointment. This information may also be available on his or her website. While past performance does not ensure future success, you should look for an attorney who has a track record of assisting clients in obtaining compensation through settlement discussions, workers’ compensation hearings, and litigation.
- Practice focus – As previously said, because you may have both a workers’ compensation and a personal injury claim, you should find a workers’ compensation attorney who handles both types of claims. Many work injury legal teams fall into this category, and if you discover a workers’ compensation attorney near you, there’s a strong possibility he or she can assess your personal injury rights as well.
- Client Testimonials – Many workers’ compensation law firms now include client testimonials on their websites. You may also look for reviews on Google and Yelp. If previous clients have had a favourable experience, this is a good indication that you will as well.
- Responsiveness – Last but not least, you should think about the lawyer’s attentiveness. How quickly does he (or someone from the firm) respond to your request for a complimentary consultation? How soon will he or she respond to your texts and emails (this is another question you should address at your first meeting)? You don’t want to have to wait days for your attorney to respond when you’re trying to secure proper compensation as soon as possible.
2. Locate a Workers’ Compensation Legal Team in Your Area
Of course, you’ll need to locate an attorney before you can evaluate these factors. So, how can you locate a workers’ compensation lawyer in your area?
You have two options for finding a local workers’ compensation legal team. You can look through our 50-state list (or search for an attorney in your city) or arrange a free consultation right on our website. We will contact up to two attorneys on your behalf if you seek a consultation through WorkInjurySource.com (on two consecutive business days). If one responds, we’ll put you in touch with them personally. If neither attorney responds, we will provide you the contact information for both attorneys.